A practical guide for Community Management strategies, best practices, and resources.
Tools for Community Managers: Networks & Social Media Guidelines
Expectations & Salary
- What is an online community manager?
- Community Manager Job Description
- Community Manager Responsibilities & Goals
- Online Community Managers: What Do They Do?
- Online Community & Social Media Compensation
- Community Manager Salary
- 10 Rules for designing Social Networks
- The Unspoken Role in Community Management
- The 11 Fundamental Laws Of Building Online Communities
- On Managing A Community
- 18 Ways to Engage Users Online: A Guide for Community Managers (PDF)
- 6 Ways to Build a Strong Community
- The Four Tenets of the Community Manager
Blogs to Explore:
- Altitude Branding (Amber Naslund, @AmberCadabra)
- Being Peter Kim (Peter Kim, @peterkim)
- Chris Brogan (Chris Brogan, @chrisbrogan)
- Community 2.0 (@community20)
- CommunitySpark (@martinreed)
- Community Strategist (Connie Bensen, @cbensen)
- Social Media Explorer (Jason Falls, @JasonFalls)
- Fast Wonder (Dawn Foster, @geekygirldawn)
- FeverBee (Richard Millington, @RichMillington)
- Jeffbulas’s Blog (Jeff Bulas, @jeffbulas)
- John Haydon (John Haydon, @johnhaydon)
- PR 2.0 (Brian Solis, @briansolis)
- Shepherding 2.0 (Andrew Hemingway, @AndrewHemingway)
- Six Pixels of Separation (Mitch Joel, @mitchjoel)
- Steve Rubel (Steve Rubel, @steverubel)
- The Viral Garden (Mack Collier, @MackCollier)
- Web Strategy by Jeremiah Owyang (Jeremiah Owyang, @jowyang)
Angela Connor said:
This is an amazing list of resources. I am happy to be part of it. An excellent resource that should readily share.
Pingback: Recent Links at Fast Wonder: Online Community Consulting
This is an amazing and helpful list. Thanks for your tips Home Free Organization
Jim Storer said:
Wow – what a great list! Thanks for including The Community Roundtable.
I really like what Dawn, Rachel & Heather have started here:
Jim | @jimstorer
Martin Reed said:
Thanks for including my blog on this fantastic list of resources. I’d also add Patrick O’Keefe’s blog – http://www.managingcommunities.com/ – and his book.
Jason Peck said:
GREAT list here!
Nice list! 🙂 And thanks to Martin for the mention. I appreciate it.
Tony Gleb said:
This is a very great source of strategies for those who need to leaad a great community
Thanks for the mention! We try and keep the blog service-y and I can’t wait to report back with more from this year’s #SocialC20 conference